Watch with AthleticTV or Athletic+ Subscription
Coaching the Wide Zone: Understanding the Basics, with Coach Alex Gibbs, provides a comprehensive overview of the key factors involved in successfully running the wide zone play-widely considered to be a mainstay in the offensive arsenal of many collegiate and NFL teams.
Featuring one of the most respected coaches in the game, Coach Gibbs details the roles and responsibilities of each position on the offensive side of the ball when executing the wide zone, a versatile play that can be adapted to most offensive systems.
The videois designed to be a resource that is appropriate for coaches and teams at all competitive levels.
Among the topics covered:
- Attacking half the defenders
- The spot we want to aim everything at
- Blocking scheme coordination
- Naked passes
- Quarterback read
- How many hands on the down linemen
- Offensive linemen positioning
- Hit people who are running
- Wide zone - weak vs. strong
- Cut-up analysis
Show more from Strategy
Browse by Sport