Watch with AthleticTV or Athletic+ Subscription
In Quarterback Essentials, Drew Tate, former NFL Player and Quarterbacks Coach at University of Texas-Martin, outlines his thoughts on successfully developing QBs. Coach Tate details a variety of fundamentals including grip, footwork, and moving inside and outside of the pocket.
Additionally, Coach Tate discusses proper techniques for route running, release techniques, and progressions from a QB point-of-view.
Finally, Coach Tate provides a variety of drills illustrating his philosophies.
Topics covered include:
- Defining the QB Skills and Attributes
- Developing a “QB Mindset”
- QB Basics and Fundamentals
- Gripping the Ball
- Dropbacks and Footwork
- Throwing on the Move
- Identifying Blocking Schemes and Protections
- QB Drill Work with an Emphasis on Warm-ups and Every Day Drills (EDDs)
Show more from Miscellaneous
Browse by Sport