In You Win in the Locker Room First, Randy Allen, Head Coach of Highland Park High School (TX), taps into his nearly 40 years of coaching experience to discuss the keys to a successful football program, starting in your locker room.
Coach Allen outlines the factors that create a winning team culture, foster an environment of trust and respect, and how to build that into your program.
A member of the 400 win club, Coach Allen addresses the characteristics of winning programs, as well as the objectives and core values that are intrinsic to all successful teams.
Topics covered include:
- Building Trust and Respect
- Defining Your Program’s Core Values
- Roles Coaches Play in Team Culture
- Importance of Character for Both Coaches and Athletes
- Creating “Teachable Moments”
- Developing Winning Culture