In Traps, Whams, and Bluffs, Kyle Skierski, Offensive Line Coach and Run Game Coordinator at University of West Georgia, discusses using these plays and formations as a change of pace from your main running game.
Filmed at the 2020 AFCA Conference, Coach Skierski uses film cut-ups and diagrams of a variety of plays to demonstrate their effectiveness, as well as shows how to incorporate these plays into your playbook, and how to identify specific formations/players to target.
Additionally, Coach Skierski reviews position-specific assignments for traps, whams, and bluffs and how to use them to keep defenses off balance.
Topics covered include:
- Change of Pace Plays
- Targeting Specific Defensive Players in the Run Game
- Offensive Line Blocking Techniques/Footwork
- Building a Playbook
- Using “Lateral Movement to Create Running Lanes”
- Reading Defensive Linemen and Linebackers
- Identifying Running Lanes
- Play Calling against the Blitz
- Running Plays out of Multiple Formations