In Utilizing Tight Ends and Running Backs in the Passing Game, Marty Schaetzle, head coach at Mercyhurst University (PA), discusses how to effectively use tight ends and running backs in the passing game. Coach Schaetzle details a variety of schemes and play-calling based on field position.
Additionally, Coach Schaetzle outlines how to utilize pre-snap motion and multiple formations to keep the defense off balance and create favorable match-ups.
Finally, Coach Schaetzle provides film cut-ups that illustrate his schemes.
Topics covered include:
- Offensive Identity and Pass Game Basics
- Terminology and Play-Calling
- Using Multiple Formations
- “Down-and-Distance” Plays
- Shifts and Motion – Pre-Snap
- Route Running
- Short Yardage Situations
- Film Cut-Ups